1/4 cup (4 Tbs) butter, softened
1/3 cup flour
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 tsp lemon rind
1 large pkg (4.3 oz) lemon cook and serve pudding and pie filling
3/4 cup sugar
3 Tbs of lemon juice
½ tsp baking powder
1/2 pkg (about 14) Savannah Smiles lemon cookies, crushed
Powdered sugar (optional)
1. Cream together all 4 crust ingredients with an electric mixer, until it forms into dough.
2. Spread the crust dough evenly into a 9”x9” pan.
3. Bake crust for 10 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
4. While the crust is baking, prepare the filling by combining all filling ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix with an electric mixer for about 2 minutes.
5. Remove crust from oven and immediately pour filling on top of hot crust.
6. Sprinkle the cookie crumbs evenly over the filling.
7. Continue baking the bars for 20 to 25 minutes in a 350 degree oven, until set.
8. Remove bars from oven and cool.
9. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
Yield 16 bars