Safety Activity Checkpoints
When preparing for any activity with girls, always begin with the Safety Activity Checkpoints written specifically for that particular activity. They include key steps to take in advance of the activity.
- Communicate with council and parents
- Ensure prerequisites. Ranges from an ability to swim to knowledge of primitive camping
- Arrange for transportation and adult supervision. Recommended adult-to-girl ratios for this activity
- Verify instructor knowledge and experience. Ensuring the volunteers or on-site instructors possess the proper skill set, knowledge, experience, and/or training/certification
- Select a safe site. A game plan for ensuring the safest experience possible
- Compile key contacts. Information on itineraries, phone trees, and other contact information
- Respect the environment. Tips for ensuring environmental responsibility
- Prepare for emergencies. First-aider requirements and other emergency precautions
View the Safety Activity Checkpoints. Updated summer 2018.