NEW this year - we are offering staff-led troop opportunities in a virtual format. Girls will join GSCSA staff members and other girls in their grade level from across the council to earn badges, complete a Journey, and make new friends. The materials for all badge and Journey activities, including the girl's Journey book, are included in the cost and will be mailed to participants or available for pick up at our service centers on certain dates.
These virtual troops will meet using Zoom; internet access is
required. Girls will meet weekly starting the week of Sept. 6 through
the winter holiday break.
Cost per girl: $150 total (13-15 meetings) - meets every week
Cost per girl per month: $37.50
Daisies will meet on Fridays at 4:30pm-5:30pm
- Daisies will earn these badges: Democracy for Daisies, Daisy Petals, Good Neighbor, Money Counts, and the Daisy Flower Garden Journey.
- Daisy meeting dates: Sept. 11, 18, 25, Oct. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Nov. 6, 13, 20, Dec. 4, 11, 18
Brownies will meet on Mondays at 4:30pm-5:30pm
- Brownies will earn these badges: Girl Scout Way, Celebrating Community, Money Manager, Bugs, and the Brownie Quest Journey.
- Brownie meeting dates: Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19, 26, Nov. 2, 9, 16, 30, Dec. 7, 14
Juniors will meet on Tuesdays from 6:00pm-7:00pm
- Juniors will earn these badges: Girl Scout Way, Inside Government, Business Owner, Flowers, and the Agents of Change Journey. They will also receive the Bronze Award 101 training.
- Junior meeting dates: Sept. 8, 15, 22, 29, Oct. 6, 13, 20, 27, Nov. 3, 10, 17, Dec. 1, 8, 15
Cadettes, Seniors, and Ambassadors will meet every other Wednesday
To keep the troop truly girl-led, badges earned will be determined by the girls; but the troop will complete the Think Like a Citizen Scientist Journey in November and December. Girl Scouts will also have the opportunity to ask questions about Higher Awards and brainstorm Silver/Gold Award projects as desired. Due to the biweekly nature of the virtual troop, girls will likely need to do some work outside of the troop to complete their badges/Journey.
Cadette/Senior/Ambassador meeting dates: Oct. 7, 21, Nov. 4, 18, Dec. 5, 16
Cost: $15 per month OR $45 for October-December.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or more information.