Here at Girl scouts of the Southern Appalachians, we are excited for your girl to join us for summer camp in 2021. We are taking special precautions to keep our campers and staff safe and healthy. We know you have questions about what camp will look like this summer. Below are some general guidelines and processes that we will be implementing; all of our processes are subject to change based on local health department and CDC guidance:
- Camp will be operated in “pods”, reducing instances where campers from different units will be mingling together. This means fewer big activities for all campers together but instead, some fun new activities for units each day!
- Campers and staff will be required to wear masks anytime they interact with someone from outside their pod. This includes kitchen and maintenance staff, activity staff, campers from other units, and the camp leadership team. Single-ply masks and neck gaiters will not be allowed; masks must be at least two layers of fabric.
- Staff will be quarantining together for 2 weeks prior to the first week of campers arrival for extended training and safety.
- Campers will be asked to self-monitor and report their symptoms for 14 days prior to their arrival on the property. More information on our new online health system will be sent to registered participants.
- We will likely run a drive-through check-in process, limiting our camper and staff interaction with parents and caregivers as much as possible.
Camp is an amazing experience that will stay with kids long after the last embers of the campfire have faded away. At Girl Scout resident camp, girl learn new skills, work towards earning badges, build independence and resiliency, and make lifetime friends. Camp might look a little different in 2021 but we’re determined to ensure that our Girl Scouts have access to exciting, fun, and safe outdoor experiences which they need now more than ever! We will continue to make necessary updates to our plans as CDC guidance changes and COVID conditions change.
If you have specific questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.