All riders must complete the Camp Adahi Horse Program Parental Permission and Agreement form and bring it with them to the first day of their activity.
Camp Adahi Horseback Program
$7 per girl
Min. 4, Max. 8
Girls will learn how to be safe around horses, common horse terminology, what horses eat, how to feed a horse a treat, and will ride a horse or pony while being led. Will meet most of the requirements for the Pony Party patch. To book, call 800-474-1912 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Junior, Cadette, Senior, Ambassador
$15 per girl
Min. 4, Max. 8
Girls will learn safety around horses, how to groom and tack a horse, and other horse knowledge lessons based on age and skill level. Girls will ride independently in the arena. Troops riding horses multiple times will be allowed to progress as rapidly as their ability allows.
Girls will work on the Horse Lover and Saddle Up patches. Juniors will complete requirements to the new Girl's Choice Horseback Riding badge, and Ambassadors can use horseback riding as part of the Girl’s Choice Ultimate Recreation badge.
To book, call 800-474-1912 or email email@example.com.
Camp Adahi Horseback Patch Requirements
- Learn five rules regarding how to be safe around horses.
- Learn about horse behavior and instinct. How does a horse see? How do horses protect themselves?
- Learn what the following words mean: gelding, mare, pony, foal, filly, colt, and breed.
- Learn what horses eat and how to safely feed a horse a treat.
- Learn how to groom a horse.
- Ride a horse while someone is leading it.
- Learn five safety rules regarding being safe around horses.
- Learn about horse behavior and instincts.
- Learn about three breeds of horses—what they look like, what are they used for, size, and history.
- Learn how to groom and tack (saddle and bridle) a horse.
- Learn to identify horse colors and describe their markings.
- Learn basic parts of the horse.
- Learn about what a horse eats.
- Learn about stable management.
- Be able to mount and dismount a horse.
- Be able to control the horse (walk, stop, and turn) at a walk in the arena.
Saddle Up patch
Cadette, Senior, Ambassador
Requires more than one horseback riding session:
- Complete the Horse Lover patch.
- Be able to groom and tack your own horse.
- Learn parts of the horse.
- Learn about horse health care, lameness, and illness.
- Learn about proper hoof care—trimming and shoeing.
- Be able to control the horse at a walk and trot in the arena.