Do you have a passion for nonprofits, for teaching others, and for positively impacting the lives of girls? Are you successful at providing extraordinary customer service, developing and delivering excellent training for adults in a variety of delivery methods, and meeting performance goals? If yes, then the Girl Scout Council of the Southern Appalachians is seeking a talented Volunteer Development Manager like you based out of its Chattanooga Service Center. Under guidance of the Director of Girl Experience, the Volunteer Development Manager collaborates with external partners, Girl Scouts of the USA, and all Council teams to design, develop, and deliver highly effective training content to improve volunteer, parent, and girl member satisfaction and retention.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in education, business, English/communications, or a related field. (Significant professional experience in training/education may substitute for degree.)
· At least two years of experience in creating and/or delivering training to adults.
· Valid Driver’s License with personal transportation.
· Experience with Girl Scout Leadership Experience (GSLE) preferred but not required at entry.
· Maintenance of Girl Scout membership throughout employment. (Adult Girl Scout members may be female or male.)
To apply for position, please email resume and cover letter/email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, a resume and cover letter may also be mailed to Human Resources, Girl Scout Council of the Southern Appalachians, 1567 Downtown West Blvd., Knoxville, TN 37919. Please note job title in your email subject line or in your cover letter. Deadline to apply is 4:30 p.m. (Eastern) on Monday, August 17, 2020 or until position is filled.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE/E-VERIFY