Do you have a passion for recruiting adult and girl members and for supporting volunteers to positively impact the lives of girls? Are expanding opportunities for girl participation in a nationally known program and providing extraordinary customer service to volunteers, parents, and girls high priorities for you? If yes, then the Girl Scout Council of the Southern Appalachians is seeking a candidate like you for its full-time Relationship Manager role based out of Johnson City, Tennessee.
Under guidance of the Regional Director, the Relationship Manager provides ongoing recruitment, training, and mentoring to volunteers and parents by supporting them in the delivery of the Girl Scout Leadership Experience (GSLE) programs in keeping with GSCSA’s mission, vision, culture, and strategy. Serves as the primary point of contact for volunteers within the assigned region(s). Collaborates with volunteers to develop and implement initiatives that increase girl participation, address girl needs within local communities, and target underserved populations as identified and prioritized within each community. Utilizes strong command of Girl Scout knowledge to build exceptional volunteer teams, establish an effective communication plan, and present and promote Council program offerings (including the fall and cookie product programs) as well as provide adult learning opportunities. Assists with measurable outcome evaluation of GSLE programs.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 1 year of related professional experience. (Significant professional experience in volunteer management may substitute for degree.)
- Valid Driver’s License with personal transportation.
- Experience with Girl Scout Leadership Experience (GSLE), and/or experience with volunteers preferred but not required at entry
- Maintenance of organizational membership throughout employment.
- Bilingual Spanish a plus but not required.
To apply for position, please email resume and cover letter/email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, a resume and cover letter may also be mailed to Human Resources, Girl Scout Council of the Southern Appalachians, 1567 Downtown West Blvd., Knoxville, TN 37919.
EEO/Drug Free Workplace/E-Verify