In December, Girl Scouts will debut a refreshed member account management system designed with you in mind. The new environment will provide increased visibility to your Girl Scout member account, make it simpler to manage household (and troop) memberships, and make it easier for you to find more fun for your Girl Scout!
However, to implement these changes, all member systems such as MY GS, the Volunteer Toolkit (VTK), and gsLearn will be unavailable from November 18 through December 7.
WHAT DOES THIS DOWNTIME MEAN FOR YOU?
- You will not be able to access anything within your MY GS account (including your family profile, troop profile, the VTK, gsLearn, etc.) from November 18 through December 7.
- Before November 18, troop leaders should download any VTK meetings plans they will need during the downtime. Troop leaders will not be able to access or use the VTK from November 18 to December 7.
- Troop leaders should pull member rosters and any contact information they will need during the downtime from the VTK before November 18.
- Girl Scout staff members also will be unable to access any member systems during the downtime. This means we will be unable to help you in the VTK, make troop changes, change contact information, complete background checks, add volunteer roles, or perform other similar tasks.
As Go-Live approaches we want you – our members and volunteers – to know that we will be here to guide you through the transition from beginning to end!
VS 2.0 Timeline (PDF)
As we get closer to the different phases shown on the timeline, we will share more detailed communications to ensure your comfort and readiness for system downtime and Go-Live.
To stay up to date, please be on the lookout for emails, updates to this blog post, and social media posts in the weeks to come. These communications will guide and support you throughout this time!
In the meantime, you can get a sneak peek of the new system!
And, help us spread the word! Please share this information with other Girl Scout members. It's very important that everyone knows that MY GS, the VTK, and gsLearn will be unavailable from November 18 through December 7 in order to ensure everyone is prepared.
How Can You Prepare?
In the new platform, all parents/caregivers must have a unique email address. In our current system, many parents/caregivers share one email address to access their family’s Girl Scout account. To ensure a smooth transition for your family, please take a moment to review and prepare your household for our fresh new environment by following these three steps:
- Log in to MY GS. (Note: In the new system, MY GS will become My Account.)
- Review your household’s email address. Are the adults in your household using the same email address? If yes, complete the next step.
- Provide a new email address for the secondary parent/caregiver.
This is also good time to confirm the school we have listed for your Girl Scout(s) is correct.
Thank you for your patience while we work to enhance your Girl Scout member experience. We’re excited to support you through the transition and welcome you to our new member platform!