The Girl Scout Gold Award is the highest award a Girl Scout can earn. Once achieved, it shows colleges, employers, and your community that you’re out there changing the world.
Join a century of women who have done big things. Learn more about Gold Award scholarships, the history of the Gold Award, and the benefits of going Gold.
You can pursue your Girl Scout Gold Award if:
You're in high school (ninth through twelfth grade, or equivalent)
You're registered as a Girl Scout Senior or Girl Scout Ambassador
You have completed two Senior or Ambassador Journeys OR earned the Girl Scout Silver Award and completed a Journey
The Benefits of Going Gold
Girl Scout Gold Award recipients do well in life! They rate their general success significantly higher than their peers and report greater success in reaching their goals in many areas.
Higher education and career
- Distinguish yourself in the college admissions process
- Earn college scholarships
- Enter the military one rank higher
- Be seen as a role model and distinguished leader
- Master time management skills
- Make the world a better place
- Use your vision for change
- Tackle an issue, locally or globally
- Establish a lifetime network
- Create your community legacy with a sustainable solution to a problem