side menu icon
Leadership and Scholarship

Leadership and Scholarship Grants

Scholarships for Gold Award Recipients

The Girl Scout Council of the Southern Appalachians is proud to offer 10 scholarships for graduating Ambassador Girl Scouts.

Available Scholarships:

  • Girl Scout Council of the Southern Appalachians Scholarships – Eight $500 scholarships recognizing overall achievement.
  • The Katy B. Hill Scholarship – One $750 scholarship recognizing the highest academic achiever among applicants.
  • The Mary Bob Clinton Scholarship – One $750 scholarship recognizing the highest service achievement among applicants.

Get the application here.

Money is Available to help Girls with Service Projects

Cadettes and older girls may apply for grant money when they plan (or their troop plans) a service project. It does not have to be a Gold or Silver project, but it can be for Gold or Silver projects. Girls- not adults- must take the lead.

Applications are now being accepted. Up to 8 awards will be given per year.

Get an application packet.
Download final report form. 
See an overview of the program.

For more information, please contact GSCSA’s Amanda M. Johnson at or the volunteer co-chairs of the Leadership Grant Program:

Patty Cook 865-481-3099
Gail Yook 865-408-2591

This grant is funded by donations honoring long-time volunteer Joyce Maienschein’s legacy in Girl Scouts.

Teen Travel Grant

We have some incredible council-sponsored trips coming up, and so many great GSUSA Destinations to choose from! We want as many of you as possible to go on these adventures, so we are offering the chance to apply for a Travel Grant!

Cadettes, Seniors, and Ambassadors can apply for up to $500 to put towards travel costs! If you add a grant to your saved cookie funds, you could pay for half a trip, or maybe even an ENTIRE trip!

Both girls in troops and individually-registered members are eligible to apply for this grant once per year. Applications are due annually on November 15 and March 15 to be considered. See the application for other details and exclusions.

To apply, send the completed form to the Knoxville Service Center, Attn: Amanda M. Johnson. It’s important to fill the application out entirely, and to read all directions. Of course, you can call us at any time with questions. 1-800-474-1912. 

Applications can also be emailed to

The travel grant cannot be used for individual or troop trips.