About Our Council
The Girl Scout Council of the Southern Appalachians serves 46 counties from southwest Virginia, through east Tennessee, and into north Georgia. Service centers are located in Johnson City, Knoxville, and Chattanooga. Each service center has a Girl Scout Shop, and the Knoxville Service Center is home to the Girl Scout Museum at Daisy’s Place.
The council is 10,523 girl and 5,357 adult members strong.
Our Mission: GSCSA exists to build girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.
Our Vision: We Empower Girls.
Our Definition of Success: GSCSA will serve more girls where they are in the ways they need and want with leadership programs that deliver measurable results.
Camps and Outdoor Program Facilities
The council operates three outdoor properties in our service area.
- Camp Tanasi, on 450 wooded and waterfront acres along Norris Lake near Andersonville, Tennessee.
- Camp Adahi, sitting atop 900 acres on Lookout Mountain in Cloudland, Georgia.
- Camp Wildwood, a suburban outdoor oasis in Johnson City, Tennessee.
Our Tennessee camps are available for Monday-Friday daily rentals to non-profits, colleges and universities, and corporations.
- Camp Tanasi (located about 30-35 minutes from Knoxville, Tennessee) is available weekdays in April and May and August through November.
- Camp Wildwood (Johnson City, Tennessee) is available weekdays from April through November.
Please contact 1.800.474.1912 or email@example.com for more information.